Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Yummy and Healthy Homemade Granola Bars!


These are so yummy and I truly feel tremendous very good about getting them above
the shop bought-stuffed with large fructose things-assortment

I tried to make them significantly less like a cookie.

Here's the recipe.
1/two cup butter (one dice)
1/two cup honey
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
five cups outdated fashion rolled oats
one cup wheat germ
chocolate chips or butterscotch as mix ins.

Just take the butter, honey and sugar and boil it
in a thick pan right up until comfortable ball phase...or 235* F
(I did not use a thermometer...I just did the spoonful in the h2o approach)
Then pour it on top of your oats and wheat germ...
blend nicely.
Push the blend into the foil lined pans...
(foil tends to make for super effortless cleanup and simple removal of granola)

I have got a tiny one allergic to chocolate...unhappy correct?
So I produced two/three with chocolate chips, and one/three with butterscotch
You could add any mixins you like:
coconut, raisins, craisins, yogurt dipped things,
nuts (I have got one particular with nut allergic reactions way too)
and no matter what you can believe of!
If you incorporate huge portions of nuts, get out the exact same sum of oats.

I sprinkled the mix ins on top and pressed them into the bars.
They melted, but it really is great like that.
sweet in every single bite!

Then stick the pan in the fridge for about twenty minutes.
Pull out the foil and set it upside down on your reducing board.
Just take off the foil and lower the bars.
(see how I reduce them...with a minor taster strip on the facet?)

Wrap them up in some plastic wrap...retailer in airtight container!
Will not refrigerate...or they will become difficult. Stays chewy 
and great for about three weeks...if they last that lengthy!!

Excellent for faculty lunches!

And since I experienced a little "taster" strip...I permit my no chocolate man try it out!

Yep. Massive achievement!




Linking up to THESE functions this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment