Sunday, June 9, 2013

Christmas in July: Chevron Star Wreath!

 Last project for my Christmas in July!



 To make this festive Xmas Wreath...I very first needed
 some excellent material!

But I did not have any on hand...and wasn't positive
 if I could discover Christmas cloth this time of 12 months...
and I am low cost anyway...so this is what I did:
 
I have plenty of scraps of white cotton content.  No extend, and rather skinny.
So I laid it on a piece of cardboard...
And used this chevron track record stamp I produced...
but if you will not have a stamp, you can usually use a potato!
Sure, potato stamping...coming shortly!
I used a palette pad to stamp my paint on...
but wax paper would work excellent way too!
Try to give it great coverage...

And stamp absent!



I utilized leaf inexperienced, light pink...

Extra some crimson pink and hunter eco-friendly...kind
of a Christmasy ombre impact.

Permit those suckers dry...lots of blunders...
but you will by no means be capable to tell.
Furthermore, I like the rustic handmade appear!

Alright, now I cut slits in one edge of the material...

And tore them into prolonged strips!

I utilised a challenging foam wreath sort...I identified at goodwill...
but you could make one with a pool noodle!
And I spray painted a tin star gold.

Took the strips and scorching glued one particular edge to the
 wreath and wrapped it all around restricted!
 Kept wrapping the strips close to the wreath...
I love how the chevron demonstrates through and all the colours way too!
 I utilized the very last strip to tie the star on
 and tie a knot/bow for hanging!
You could get fancier and add a bunting...or one thing.
I went with simple...spotlighting my fabric that I am so very pleased of!
 Christmas can come now!  I am completely ready!
Hope you have been influenced to put together early...or at least have
 some suggestions to pull factors jointly last minute!
Appear back tomorrow for a massive wrap up!




Linking up to THESE functions this 7 days!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment