Saturday, June 1, 2013

R2D2 Shirt!

September 2012, I produced a BUNCH of T-shirts as a Back again To School Wardrobe!
I have had many requests about this one.
R2D2.  Who does not enjoy this tiny man?
I started with an orange t-shirt from the greenback keep.
Orange is my #3's favored coloration, so luck it would seem is on our aspect!
 Here's the cartoon community coloring ebook impression I used.
I set the file into silhouette studios, selected the location,
then experienced it trace the define. (right click conserve for private use only)
I set freezer paper on my chopping mat and had my silhouette cameo cut it out for me!
You could do this with a hobby knife and a slicing mat.

 Here's how it went down.
I took each and every piece off the silhouette mat a single at a time and ironed it in place...

 It was tiresome acquiring all people little items ironed on where they must be...

 And you can notify that not all the lines are lined up...but whatever!

 Then I used Silhouette brand name material paint.
It truly is a little expensive, but retains up properly and feels delicate.
I utilized a stipple brush and painted all the spaces black!

 I remove all the freezer paper even though the paint is still tacky.
And it appears great just like this!

 But I took it a step additional and coloured in the form,
just like a coloring e-book!
 The orange shirt was hard to cover up with the white,
so I just shaded it!
 Brand spankin' new and lovin' it!

Nicely, how does it keep up?
Listed here he is in all his Star Wars glory at Hollywood Studios in June...
9 months later on (and most likely worn as soon as a week or much more!)
 It's faded and distressed hunting...and Awesome!
He acquired heaps of compliments on his awesome shirt!
I ought to make him one more 1 since of how a lot he loves it!



Linking up to THESE events this week!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment