Monday, June 10, 2013

Christmas in July: Felt Advent Calendar!

 Isn't this great!?
I began with a two items of inexperienced felt the dimension of a sheet of paper.
I lower out a tree pattern and pinned it to the felt.
 Then I straight stitched close to the tree.
I didn't sew the paper...just utilized it as a manual.

 Like so, leaving an opening in the base for the trunk.

 Cut it with about a one/four" border.

 Hot glued a brown felt piece...

 And slipped it inside of and glued it shut.
 Then I handed the tree above to my (then 8 12 months previous) daughter...
and she did all the magic!
 She minimize out twenty five distinct shapes!

 One for every working day of December leading up to Christmas!
 She is so clever and exciting!


 We used some velcro and hung it up on the wall for decor.
You could incorporate a felt envelope on the again of the tree for ornament storage!







Linking up to THESE events this 7 days!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment